Thursday, October 24, 2013

Update on the EU - US Conference Update 10/24/13

Well I have to say I was really happy that I went.  Sometime things just work out on a conference once in a while.  The S&I frameworks groups I was working on did meet and we had some pretty interesting conversations. The irony that only a couple of people attended the. However I got to talk to Charles Jaffe the CEO of HL7 for basically 3 hours one on one as we discussed case studies, C-CDA and a bunch of other topics. It was worth the price of admission for that.  I did meet up with Dr.Fridsma(Chief Science Officer, Office of Science and Technology)  and his team from the ONC during the workforce development meetings.  I learned alot of how healthcare is done in the EU. Their private/public relationships are very different than what we have here in the US. Their rules and regulations are also very different. It's not say we don't have common ground but have a long way to go to understanding how we can find areas of common intersection.

More to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment